Aw, man. The preciousness of Kathy and Rambo in that there photo is almost enough to make me forget about how insanely late this blog post is. Forgive me! As I mentioned in the EP61 Show Notes, I got a LOT going on right now. Epic changes, serious shifts, major moves being made. Some planned, some completely and earth-shakingly unexpected. But never fear, my wonderful friends. The universe is readying me for some very big things, and my (full time) job is to make sure I’m prepared and paying close attention. When this gift falls in my lap, I’m gonna hold on tight and take off like a rocket. Just you watch.
And man, if you’re not into this hippy-dippy feelgood malarky, maybe save Red Radio Episode Sixty Two for another day. Because it’s sincerely a warm and fuzzy episode, and I LOVE it. Hear Catskill Animal Sanctuary Founder and Director Kathy Stevens discuss her lifelong connection to animals, her journey to veganism, her newest book – the re-released classic, Animal Camp – and the daily miracles at CAS. Plus, Rip Esselstyn reps HARD for the vegans on CBS! Peace and love, my friends. Peace and love.
Red Radio Episode Sixty Two welcomes acclaimed author, vegan advocate, and animal rescuer Kathy Stevens, Founder and Director of Catskill Animal Sanctuary! In a comprehensive and candid interview, Kathy discusses everything from her massive career change, to her decision to go vegan at 43, to her numerous personal connections with rescued farm animals, plus the recent re-release of Animal Camp, her love letter to the hundreds of animals at CAS. Plus, Rip Esselstyn representing on CBS This Morning, and more arsenic-laden chicken flesh in The Vegan Scoop! ARE YOU VEGAN YET?! Please consider supporting Red Radio by visiting Erin Red’s home base erinred.com and clicking on ‘Support the Show’, and make sure to subscribe to Red Radio on iTunes (or your favorite podcatcher) today! If you love what you hear, leave a glowing review with five sparkly stars, or drop Erin Red a line at email@example.com and speak your truth! Don’t feel connected? Follow Erin Red on Twitter (@erinred) and Like her on Facebook (/erinred)!
Click the Red Radio logo below to get with it, man!
- Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary – peace and love with Jenny Brown
- Farm Sanctuary Watkins Glen – the NY branch of the epic chain
- Catskill Animal Sanctuary – featuring Camp Kindness for kids!
- Follow CAS on Twitter!
- Like CAS on Facebook!
- Mercy For Animals – champions in the activism world
- Toronto Pig Save – just what it sounds like
- CNN.com – New York school goes all-vegetarian
- DA4A.org – thanks to Nicole and the gang for hosting me!
- CompassionateCook.com – my friend Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
- Peacefood Cafe – NYC’s amazing duo of vegan restaurants
- On Being Vegan – Colleen’s newest book; it’s amazing
- Buycott.com – my favorite new vegan-centric app
- The Chocolate List – Food Empowerment Project’s brilliant new app
- EcoWatch.com – FDA Admits Chicken Meat Contains Arsenic
- Youtube.com – Vegan Firefighter on his Beef with Meat
Episode 63 is gonna blow your mind.
xo Erin Red